Usually i don't write technology but i figured this particular modem series has been making the waves and people are having problems with its drivers and installation.
I decided to take it upon myself to find a solution and i found it.
- Connect the vodafone modem with the original SIM and allow it to install the dashboard.
- When the installation is complete, check if the SIM card has been recognized, if not, download this software and install.
- Remove the sliding cover and check for the IMEI number.
- Download the huawei unlock calculator and use it to generate the unlock code for your modem.
- Enter the IMEI code to calculate the unlock code.
- Copy the unlock code and not the flash code.
- Unplug the modem and change the SIM card to a different SIM on another network.
- Plug in the modem and after initialization, it will prompt you for "UNLOCK CODE".
- Enter the 10 digit generated code from the unlock calculator.
- At this point, if the code was accepted, your modem is unlocked.
- For vodafone users, you may have to continue with the following steps. I have compiled a dashboard with the original huawei source code into a flasher or dashboard updater. This will help put the new working mobile partner interface onto the modem. Download the flasher or dashboard updater here.
- Just run the updater and flash the vodafone dashboard with the new dashboard. After completion, your modem is ready for use